Statement of Values
Our mission statement is: inspired by Christ's message of hope we strive to make a positive difference to the lives of children and young people, families and adults experiencing disadvantage.
Caritas Care, whose work is rooted in the values of the Gospel and the Church's social teaching values:
- Dignity and respect - because all human life is sacred, all who use the services of Caritas Care must be afforded dignity and respect. Their views count and must be heard. Their right to self determination must be honoured. Their potential for growth through change must be encouraged.
- Equity - as we respect the unique worth of each person, created in the image and likeness of God, our services are delivered without favour or discrimination. Access to services is determined by need.
- Justice - we strive to be fair and just in all our dealings with people; those using services and those in our employ or who work as volunteers.
- Family - we believe that it is within the family that a child can enjoy the fullness of childhood and be nurtured to full appreciation of human life. Where experience of family has been too destructive for family placement we provide a residential environment of constant warmth, predictability and responsiveness to need, from where young people can be prepared and supported for independent living.
- Community - it is through relationships that individuals learn to understand and value each other and if necessary take action together for common good.
- Friendliness - employees and volunteers create a friendly and warm environment for all those who use our services and those who collaborate with us towards mutually agreed goals.
- Responsible stewardship - the resources of the agency are for the effective attainment of our charitable objects. We strive to exercise prudent judgement in the use of resources.
While these values and rights are applicable to all people we place particular emphasis upon them in relation to those who are most vulnerable.