In Carlisle the HEAR (Hearing Equipment Advisory Resource) Centre on Cecil Street offers the opportunity for people to try out a range of equipment to improve the quality of life for people whose hearing is poor.
The HEAR Centre at 40/44 Chapel Court, Cecil Street, Carlisle exchanges NHS hearing aid batteries and is a source of general advice and support to older people who are hard of hearing. The Centre has a prominent frontage, disabled access and adequate parking facilities nearby.
The Centre does not sell equipment or recommend particular suppliers, though for certain equipment the suppliers are limited.
The HEAR Centre offers the following services:
- displays and demonstrations of equipment
- the opportunity to borrow and try out equipment at home with the assistance of the project worker or volunteer if required
- information on suppliers of equipment
- referral to services provided by other voluntary organisations relating to hearing loss
- basic maintenance of hearing aids (tube cleaning and battery changing)
- general information and advice
- representation and advocacy where appropriate
For more information on the services that HEAR Centre can offer please contact us:
40-44 Chapel Court
Tel: 01228 547561
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays 10am – 12.30pm
- Thursdays 10am - 3pm
As the HEAR Centre is staffed mainly by volunteers we advise you to ring 01228 547561 to check that it is open before setting out on a long journey.