Salary: £393 to £602 weekly allowance
Are you looking for a change of career?
Do you want to work from home?
Do you want to make a difference to a child or young person’s life?
Caritas Care is a non for profit fostering agency committed to providing safe, loving and caring homes for children and young people who are unable to live with their own families. We believe that foster families make a positive impact on the lives of these children and young people who require short or long-term foster care. Click HERE to view the different types of foster care available.
We are seeking individuals or couples to join our fostering family here at Caritas Care. As a Foster Carer, you will play a pivotal role in providing a stable and loving home for children and young people in care. Attributes will include empathy, resilience, patience, and a good sense of humour! This rewarding role allows you to make a difference in the lives of vulnerable children.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Providing a safe and loving environment for children and young people in foster care.
- Supporting the emotional, educational, and social development of children and young people.
- Working closely with social workers, teachers, and healthcare professionals to meet individual needs
- Attending regular training and participating in ongoing professional development.
- Working closely with Caritas Care Fostering Social Workers to ensure the child/young person’s needs are met.
What you will need:
- A spare room for a child or young person
- A commitment to the safety, health and well-being of children and young people.
- The resilience and ability to provide a stable, secure and loving home environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to meet the diverse needs of children in care.
- Willingness to undertake a comprehensive assessment process; this will include background and medical checks and home visits.
- Basic IT Skills
What we offer:
- Competitive fostering weekly allowance
- Training and development opportunities.
- Support from a qualified social worker.
- 24/7 on call system
- Regular activities for children and young people
- Foster carer support groups and socials
- The Fostering Network Membership
If you are currently fostering and are thinking about changing fostering agency, we would be happy to discuss the transfer process with you.
If you have what it takes to make a positive difference to a child or young person’s life at a time when they need it most, we would really love to hear from you.
Caritas Care is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from candidates of all backgrounds.