Our REACT project employs people with a learning disability who are passionate about advocating on behalf of their learning disabled peers, sharing issues that are important to them to help make their lives better.
We believe that people with learning disabilities should have as much choice and control as possible over their own lives and the services and support they receive. We work to help this happen by:
- Supporting local self-advocacy network groups.
- Training professionals in Disability Awareness.
- Speaking up on behalf of others.
- Networking across Lancashire.
- Representing people with learning disabilities across the North West and Nationally.
- Look out for our annual conferences which take place in February every year. We have covered hot topics such as Health and Wellbeing, Relationships and this year (12 February 2019), we talked about Love and Hate Crime.
Are you looking for a career in Health and Social Care? Click HERE to view our current job opportunities.
Read our latest news HERE